~ EST.2016 ~
44 Nashua Rd. Londonderry, NH 03053
~ Tattoo Aftercare Instructions ~
The first 7 to 14 days is the most important time for the healing of your new tattoo.
Be sure to care for it properly.
Our recommendations for proper tattoo aftercare are:
1. Leave the bandage on your new tattoo for 2-4 hours. The bandage is there to prevent airborne bacteria and other contaminants in the environment from invading your open skin.
2. Wash hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial hand soap prior to removal of the bandage.
3. After removing bandage, gently cleanse the tattooed area with gentle soap and lukewarm water. DO NOT SCRUB the tattoo with anything abrasive such as, cloths, sponges or loofah's. washing will eliminate any dead cells or bacteria that may build up on the skin's surface. The tattoo should be washed daily for said purposes.
4. Dry the tattooed area very gently by patting the area with a clean sterile towel.
5. Let tattoo dry completely before applying aftercare ointment or lotion. (no more than 10 minutes)
6. Apply a light coat of Aquaphor, bag balm or any product specifically formulated for the healing of tattoos.
7. Apply thin layer of aftercare ointment or lotion 3-6 times daily for the first week, then switch to a fragrance free lotion such as lubriderm or curel for the remainder of the healing process.
8. Do not let the tattoo dry out at any time during the healing process.
9. After 3-5 days the tattoo may peel and flake and possibly scab slightly... this is normal and should never be scratched or picked at any time. Applying fragrance free lotion or aquaphor to the area while itching occures will help to alleviate the itching sensation.
Things not to do at any time during the healing process.
No swimming or submerging tattoo in any body of water.
Do not use rubbing alcohol or peroxide on your tattoo.
Do not itch, pick or scratch at your tattoo.
Do not sit in direct sunlight or go tanning while your tattoo is healing.
Do not apply sunscreen until tattoo is fully healed.